1 Pick up a Lisp implementation.
- sbcl (my current choice)
- OpenMCL, but I am not sure OpenMCL is dieing or NOT (I would like to give it a try on my MacBook.)
2 Setup development
- slime (always using the cvs version, from Marco's slime movie.
- Emacs (I would choose carbon Emacs instead of aquamacs, build Emacs from cvs is also an option, but I got a failure, is that a bug in current development version)
- slime movie, rich on coding and debugging with slime, also with Emacs tricks I never know!
- Practial Common Lisp (suggest by David Steuber)
- ANSI Common Lisp by Paul Graham (I own this book)
- usenet comp.lang.lisp
- #lisp on irc.freenode.net
5 Where to start next
- time (1 or 2 hours quite time on MacBook)
- starter project (programming on lisp - algorithm first Red black tree)