Here is the brief.
1. disable the Atheros proprietary drivers from "system->adminstrator->hardware drivers"
2. unplug the wired ethernet line
3. extract ndiswrapper-1.55.tar.gz, and make & sudo make install
4. extract madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6-r3835-20080801.tar.gz, make & sudo make install
5. extract Wireless_Atheros.zip, use ndisgtk to install the net5211.inf
$ sudo ndiswrapper -a XXXX:YYYY ath0 (here XXXX:YYYY is get from lspci -n for Atheros card)
add ndiswrapper at the end of /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
add ath_pci at the end of /etc/modules
$ sudo iwconfig
$ sudo lshw -C network
$ iwlist scan (to find my wireless network)
$ sudo network-admin (which should setup wireless network)
check the following configuration at /etc/network/interfaces
iface ath0 inet dhcp
Here XXXX is my wep password.
call "/etc/init.d/networking restart" to restart
I also installed wpa_supplicant but it does not seem to be needed.
After I reboot the OS, I found the system could not find ath0, so what I did is "sudo modprobe wlan_scan_sta" and reboot again, this time ath0 appears.